Flagging traffic is both a critical and a potentially hazardous part of providing a safe work zone. Flaggers are responsible for protecting their fellow workers as well as motorists. The WA State FIT course is designed to teach students how to effectively teach flagger courses, emphasizing skills and techniques for teaching the fundamentals of flagging. Students are provided with all the information needed to present the four-hour ATSSA flagger certification training course as well as the six-hour WA-specific ATSSA flagger certification training course. Each FIT student must teach a section of this material to demonstrate their ability to communicate and effectively present the material to learners. Individuals successfully completing the FIT will be recognized as ATSSA Certified Flagger Instructors both in WA and nationally.
- Prerequisites: WA State TCS
- Course Length: 3 days/24 hours
- Formats: Classroom
- Hosting: Open; Closed; Co-sponsored
- CEUs: 2.25
- Course Materials:
- ATSSA National Flagger Video
- Training Skills for ATSSA Flagger Instructor Workbook
- Washington State Flagger Instructor Guide
- Washington State Flagger Certification Handbook
- Washington State Standards & Specifications
- Registration Fees:
- Certification Available: Yes (see pg 6)
- Register: www.atssa.com/Training
Use the search tool below to find upcoming courses in your area.