Traffic Control Design Specialist (TCDS)
This course addresses the entire process for designing, installing, maintaining, and evaluating temporary traffic control in work zones. This course will teach students to understand the engineering concepts necessary to properly design effective traffic control plans, as well as the fundamental principles of temporary traffic control, the sources of standards and guidelines, the proper processes and procedures for adjustments, and legal implications. It is recommended for traffic engineers, engineering technicians, consultants, and other individuals responsible for temporary traffic control design and plan approval.
The TCDS course is also available in a one-day format, which is intended for individuals who are already TCS certified. Please note that the TCDS course does not grant authority to individuals to approve design plans.
- Prerequisites: TCS Certified (for the 1 day course); None (for the 2 day course)
- Course Length: 1 day/8 hours or 2 days/16 hours
- Formats: Classroom
- Hosting: Closed; Co-sponsored
- CEUs: 0.75 (1 day) or 1.50 (2 days)
- Course Materials:
- Applying the Americans with Disabilities Act in Work Zones: A Practitioner Guide
Part 6 of the MUTCD
- Registration Fees (1-day course):
- Registration Fees (2-day course):
- Certification Available: Yes
- Register: www.atssa.com/Training
Use the search tool below to find upcoming courses in your area.