Toward Zero Deaths (TZD) is a national strategy on highway safety to advocate for eliminating serious injuries and deaths on our nation’s roadways, conceptualized by participants in a Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) workshop in 2009.
The strategy calls for all stakeholders to champion the idea that one death on our nation’s roadways is too many, and we must all work together to bring the annual number of roadway deaths down to zero.
As the leader in roadway safety industry, ATSSA was proud to be the first membership association to support the national TZD initiative.
Background on TZD
ATSSA’s TZD policies and priorities
ATSSA’s TZD brochure
ATSSA TZD reauthorization proposal
How can you show your commitment to TZD? Take the pledge!
- Take the pledge to share in this extraordinary cause and develop strategies that support the initiative.
- Create a culture around the TZD initiative so that it becomes a way of life for you, your employees and your customers.
- Deliver the message as part of your daily activities and throughout your communications platforms such as brochures, websites, and social media channels.
- Display the TZD logo on your company shirts, your website, and your exhibit booths.
- Display the TZD sticker on your vehicle and in your office.
Learn more about the TZD initiative