OPERATION & APPLICATION OF TRUCK-MOUNTED ATTENUATORS (TMAs)
Introductory concepts and practices of TMAs in work zones
Option 1: Half day/4 hours; Classroom Course; Closed or Co-sponsored Option*
Option 2: NEW! 4 hours; Online Course
This course is an introductory course on the operation and application of TMAs in work zones. The course applies workable concepts, applications, and recommended practices in the deployment, operation, and removal of TMAs. Previous experience in TMA driving is not required for this course.
*This classroom course is a closed or co-sponsored option, available for hosting or scheduling by interested organizations and companies. If no training classes are available at this time, contact ATSSA at 800-272-8772 or email email@example.com to schedule a training class in your area.
Prerequisites & State-Specific Information
Previous experience in TMA driving is not required for this course.
Intended Audience: individuals involved in the design, installation, maintenance, monitoring and removal of traffic control systems for all temporary activities on streets and highways
Classroom Registration Fees:
- $175 ATSSA Members
- $200 Non-members
Online Registration Fee:
- $175 ATSSA Members and Non-members
After completing this course, take the next step in your career by adding an ATSSA certification designation.
TMA Certification Requirements:
- Pass the TMA Course with 80% or greater on exam
- Possess one year (2,000 hours) work zone experience
- Have 6 hours experience operating a TMA under the supervision of another certified TMA operator
- Complete the Certification Application and pay the Certification Fee
- Provide two references to verify work experience
- Be approved by the ATSSA Certification Board
Certification is valid for 4 years. At the end of 4 years, the student must take a recertification exam to be recertified. To learn more about Certification...click here