GUARDRAIL INSTALLATION TRAINING
Broad overview of the installation of guardrail and associated devices
Two days/16 hours; Classroom Course; Closed or Co-sponsored Option*
This course will provide a broad overview on the installation of guardrails and associated devices, including: assessment of work site topography and site conditions; proper layout of a work site; location, installation, and maintenance of guardrail and terminal sections; documentation of materials, inspections and incidents; as well as where to find the most up-to-date resources and information regarding guardrail installation.
*This course is a closed or co-sponsored option, available for hosting or scheduling by interested organizations and companies. If no training classes are available at this time, contact ATSSA at 800-272-8772 or email email@example.com to schedule a training class in your area.
Prerequisites & State-Specific Information
Previous experience in guardrail installation is not required for this course.
Intended Audience: new guardrail company owners, employees that are new to the guardrail industry, and those individuals that have guardrail experience and would like to pick up new ideas and brush up on their current skills
- $395 ATSSA Members
- $495 Non-members
After completing this course, take the next step in your career by adding an ATSSA certification designation.
GIT Certification Requirements:
- Pass the GIT Course with 80% or greater on exam
- Possess one year (2,000 hours) guardrail experience, including installation, maintenance, removal, and inspection of products and systems; of which 1,000 hours must be in a foreman or supervisor capacity
- Have experience in guardrail systems in your area
- Complete the Certification Application and pay the Certification Fee
- Provide two references to verify work experience
- Be approved by the ATSSA Certification Board
Certification is valid for 4 years. At the end of 4 years, the student must take a recertification exam to be recertified. To learn more about Certification...click here