Gain a competitive edge by becoming ATSSA certified. ATSSA is the leading certification and training organization for roadway professionals. For more than three decades we have provided quality road safety training and certification solutions.
- Pavement Marking Specialist
- Traffic Control Technician
- Certified Pedestrian Safety Professional
- Traffic Control Supervisor
- Traffic Control Design Specialist
- Flagger Instructor Training
- Guardrail Installer
- Pavement Marking Technician
We are committed to providing the best possible educational experience. We design our work zone safety training courses around real-world challenges in the roadway environment. Incorporating tools and processes into our course exercises helps participants to transfer those learned skills into their daily work.
Benefits to Your Company
- Promotes industry professionalism and excellence
- Helps reduce corporate liability
- Provides compliance with state mandates
- Helps reduce employee turnover and improve morale
- Contributes to increased innovation and cost savings
- Promotes your company’s commitment to safety within your community
Benefits to You
- Reflects commitment and dedication to safety
- Improves career opportunities
- Enhances marketability and competitive advantages
- Establishes industry recognition and professional credentials
The Certification Process
In order to be certifed, you will need to meet the following criteria to receive their designation through the ATSSA Certification Board:
- Complete the training course(s) associated with the certification you are pursuing.
- Successfully pass, with a grade of 80% or better, the final examination offered at the completion of the training course(s).
- Apply for the designation by completing the certification application, providing the names of two references familiar with your work history, and returning the application to ATSSA with the appropriate certification application fee.
ATSSA reviews and verifies your application, training and work experience.
Upon validation of the application and work experience, and approval by the ATSSA Certification Board, you will receive certification, which is valid for four (4) years.
- Certification Application Fees
$109 for ATSSA members
$130 for non-members
With ongoing regulatory, compliance and industry safety changes, ATSSA requires recertification every four (4) years to ensure that certified individuals stay up-to-date with the latest standards and techniques necessary to effectively perform their jobs and ensure both public and worker safety.