Welcome to the ATSSA Resource Center. Contained within these pages are tools and navigation to help you discover the latest news on technology in the roadway safety community and an electronic clearinghouse of technical issues that affect you, the Roadway Safety professional.
- Search All State DOT Websites At Once
Every DOT has a different website. Many times, it is difficult to navigate through hundreds of complex pages. Wash.-DOT’s Michael Wendt developed a method to search all DOT websites at once via Google. Input the topic of choice, hit enter, and find links to where it’s posted – nationwide. Click here to try a search.
- Search All University Transportation Websites At Once
Similar to the State DOT search engine located above – click here to search all University Transportation Centers simultaneously.
- Funding 101 – Common Funding Sources for Safety Improvement Programs
The information in this document is intended to help identify and understand the most common funding sources used to implement Safety Programs. Often there are agencies that want to implement Safety Programs, but do not have the resources to do so. By becoming more knowledgeable about available funding resources, you can help grow your business. When you offer your services as an "unpaid grant writer", agencies will see you as an excellent resource and are more likely to ask your advice in the future. Sales growth comes about through a raised priority of safety on the local level.
- Best Practice for Cone Setting Operations
- High Visibility Apparel / Garment Brochure (Official Title: Choosing the Best High-Visibility Apparel in a Variety of Roadway Scenarios)
- Report: Fatalities 2.5 Times Greater on Rural Roads vs. Other Routes
- Pavement Marking Resources
- Crash Testing of Work Zone Devices (Requirements for NCHRP Report #350)
- Law Enforcement Checkpoints Presentation Presentation to ATSSA members at 35th Annual Convention and Expo, Phoenix. Presented by: Gene Putman, P.E., P.T.O.E. Chair, Temporary Traffic Control Technical Committee of the National Committee on Uniform Traffic Control Devices. Presented on February 26, 2005.
- Event Planner (EP-101)
An event planner (EP-101) has been created by ATSSA to assist chapter members nationwide as they prepare for NWZAW and other community awareness activities. The document covers a wide variety of topics including advanced planning, effective partnerships, meetings, e-mail "groups," the importance of DOT public affairs, radio and television advertisements and basic media relations, including press releases and media advisories. To receive a copy of EP-101 after it is sent to ATSSA Chapters, e-mail James Baron with EP-101 in the subject line. EP-101 is also available to other associations and organizations.
- OSHA Rules on Responsibilities for Payment Personnel Protective Equipment
On Nov. 15, OSHA published a new rule clarifying the employer/employee responsibilities for payment of personal protective equipment (PPE). The rulemaking affects most of OSHA's PPED standards and can be viewed by clicking here.
- Members of a Traffic Control Devices Pooled Fund Study Panel recently published TPF-5(065), titled, “Lane Restriction Signing and Marking for Double-Lane Roundabouts: Final Report.” The full report is available by clicking here.