Welcome to the ATSSA Resource Center. Contained within these pages are tools and navigation to help you discover the latest news on technology in the roadway safety community and an electronic clearinghouse of technical issues that affect you, the Roadway Safety professional.
- 2013 Status of the Nation's Highways, Bridges, and Transit:Conditions & Performance
- FHWA Every Day Counts Initiative;Request for Information
The FHWA requests information from all sources regarding innovations that have the potential to transform the way we do business by shortening project delivery time, enhancing the safety of our roadways, and protecting the environment. The purpose of this RFI is to obtain information from State, local, and industry partners and the public regarding proven processes or technologies that have the potential to provide efficiencies in the transportation system. This RFI is issued under the FHWA Every Day Counts Initiative.
- Search All State DOT Websites At Once
Every DOT has a different website. Many times, it is difficult to navigate through hundreds of complex pages. Wash.-DOT’s Michael Wendt developed a method to search all DOT websites at once via Google. Input the topic of choice, hit enter, and find links to where it’s posted – nationwide. Click here to try a search.
- Search All University Transportation Websites At Once
Similar to the State DOT search engine located above – click here to search all University Transportation Centers simultaneously.
- Funding 101 – Common Funding Sources for Safety Improvement Programs
The information in this document is intended to help identify and understand the most common funding sources used to implement Safety Programs. Often there are agencies that want to implement Safety Programs, but do not have the resources to do so. By becoming more knowledgeable about available funding resources, you can help grow your business. When you offer your services as an "unpaid grant writer", agencies will see you as an excellent resource and are more likely to ask your advice in the future. Sales growth comes about through a raised priority of safety on the local level.
- Best Practice for Cone Setting Operations
- High Visibility Apparel / Garment Brochure (Official Title: Choosing the Best High-Visibility Apparel in a Variety of Roadway Scenarios)
- Report: Fatalities 2.5 Times Greater on Rural Roads vs. Other Routes
- Pavement Marking Resources
- Crash Testing of Work Zone Devices (Requirements for NCHRP Report #350)
- Law Enforcement Checkpoints Presentation Presentation to ATSSA members at 35th Annual Convention and Expo, Phoenix. Presented by: Gene Putman, P.E., P.T.O.E. Chair, Temporary Traffic Control Technical Committee of the National Committee on Uniform Traffic Control Devices. Presented on February 26, 2005.
- Event Planner for ATSSA Members
The "Event Planner for ATSSA Members (December 2013)" was created to assist ATSSA members nationwide as they prepare for National Work Zone Awareness Week and other community awareness activities throughout the year. The document covers a wide variety of topics including advanced planning and effective partnerships, social media, establishing local DOT public affairs contacts, basic media relations and how-to write press releases and media advisories. To download the Event Planner, click here.
- OSHA Rules on Responsibilities for Payment Personnel Protective Equipment
On Nov. 15, OSHA published a new rule clarifying the employer/employee responsibilities for payment of personal protective equipment (PPE). The rulemaking affects most of OSHA's PPED standards and can be viewed by clicking here.
- Members of a Traffic Control Devices Pooled Fund Study Panel recently published TPF-5(065), titled, “Lane Restriction Signing and Marking for Double-Lane Roundabouts: Final Report.” The full report is available by clicking here.