American Traffic Safety Services Association represents the road safety, traffic safety, and highway safety industry with effective legislative advocacy, traffic control safety training, and a far-reaching member partnership.
||International Trade Association
17 International Companies
WHAT WE DO
Our core purpose is to advance roadway safety.
- ATSSA members accomplish the advancement of roadway safety through the design, manufacture, and installation of road safety and traffic control devices.
- ATSSA brings together members, road safety experts, and public agencies to identify and solve road safety issues.
- Our primary focus is to move Toward Zero Deaths on our nation’s roads.
- ATSSA will advocate for roadway infrastructure safety
- ATSSA will be our industry’s primary resource for roadway infrastructure safety knowledge exchange
- ATSSA will be the recognized voice and authority on roadway safety
- ATSSA will actively support our members’ business development
- ATSSA will educate, inform and enable our members to participate in developing and deploying new innovative technologies
- 1966 founded in Chicago as American Traffic Safety Control
- 1969 Rental Division formed
- 1969 Renamed to American Traffic Services Association
- 1971 First annual convention held in New Orleans
- 1982 First chapter formed in Texas
- 1983 Sign Manufacturing Division formed
- 1984 Renamed American Traffic Safety Services Association
- 1988 Pavement Marking Division formed
- 1998 Voting rights to member companies
- 1998 Renamed membership group to Manufacturers and
- 1998 ITS Council formed
- 2003 Guardrail Services Division formed
- 2012 High Friction Surfacing Council formed
- 2015 ITS Council changed to Innovation Council